Emily | 16 Sep 2019
Video has recently shown itself to be of huge value in the world of digital marketing. People are watching more and more videos online, so brands have started to ensure that video is a big part of their marketing message. Video content has grown to become an essential part of modern-day digital society.
Video can be a great way for people to discover and learn about your product or service, especially as people are watching more video content than ever on social media platforms worldwide. A recent study on online watching habits has shown that people watch significantly more videos on Facebook than they do on YouTube. This study has also shown that 71% of people say they find that the sponsored content that is shown to them on Facebook is either ‘Relevant’ or ‘Highly Relevant’, 58% of people react to the videos they watch online, with the brands and companies getting the brand awareness and engagement they are after!
There are lots of tips out there on how to engage users and how to improve your social media strategy using video.
When you’re wanting to get started with video advertising, you need to consider the purpose behind what you are doing, and avoid just doing it because you can. Do you want to showcase what you’re selling? Provide entertainment, or build brand awareness and an audience relationship?
When you’re creating or putting anything on social media, making sure it adds value is of the utmost importance. Value is inclusive of a laugh, a moment of reflection or a look into the product you may be advertising.
Videos have great SEO value too. Did you know that adding a video to your website could increase the chance of a front-page Google result by 53 times? Google tries to display video content on SERPs for certain informational and educational queries, such as ‘What is’ or ‘How to’. When results for these queries appear, they include suggested videos to provide informative information. If an advertiser’s video provides a relevant and valuable answer to the user then there is a good chance it will appear in search results and the user will engage with it.
So, how can video be a great asset to SEO?
- Can increase the time a user spends on your website, meaning there is a higher chance of getting search engines to see the value of your content and trustworthiness of the webpage, in turn providing a higher organic search rank.
- Increased click-through rates are seen due to users being more likely to click on links to video content, especially if the thumbnail image is engaging.
- People are more likely to share video content online, which creates more quality back-links to the advertiser’s website, making them more visible to Google.
- Video content makes an advertiser’s My Google Business listing much more informative to a user and listings with more media generally rank higher on the search platform.
Here is a summary of the key advantages of video advertising:
- Users are watching more video content online.
- Video ads convert sales.
- People are more likely to share videos, gaining a further reach for businesses.
- Mobile users are more likely to pay attention to video content.
- It informs and educates.
- Search engines love videos.
- Videos convey a lot of information in a short space of time.
- The best format for telling a story and providing information is a video.
- Analytics can provide proof that video ads work.
For more information about our Digital Marketing services, see our Digital Marketing section.
To enquire about a digital marketing campaign, call us for a chat on 01952 462845 or fill in our online enquiry form.
More from Ascendancy
Ascendancy has welcomed a new face to the team – and he comes complete with two silver Commonwealth Games medals. John Archibald has joined Ascendancy as a Digital Marketing Executive. He is…
A Shropshire business is to move to a four-day working week after a successful six-month trial. Digital agency Ascendancy, based in Newport, completed a pilot project to trial the idea and has…